Onsite, online - the same great content
AccessU at a Glance
Accelerate your Accessibility Career at AccessU
John Slatin AccessU 2023 is a hybrid conference that allows you to connect with the best of the best in digital accessibility training from wherever you are.
Welcome and thanks for joining AccessU!
Whether you are joining in person or online; hold an Instructor, Premier, or General Conference ticket; and are joining for just one day or the whole AccessU experience, we're glad you're here.
Please watch for the Zoom Event invitations, Learning Center credentials, and other notes from us. Join the AccessU Slack workspace to chat with other attendees and keep up with announcements.
Hotel / Campus Shuttle Schedule is found on the Attendee Guide
If you have any questions please email email@example.com and we'll get right back to you! Looking forward to a great week of learning together.
May 9th: Preconference Deep Dives, IAAP Certification Testing, Opening Keynote Reception
These full-day workshops are a great opportunity to dig deep into accessibility best practices with amazing instructors. Deep Dive attendees will select one of the following topics when they purchase their ticket:
- (Dis)ability Deconstructed: A Practical Guide to Ability Inclusion
- Accessible Components from Design to Development
- Developing an Accessibility Program for your Organization
- Developing iOS/Android Apps for Accessibility
- Key Techniques for Creating More Accessible Infographics
- Testing Accessibility
- Usability Testing with People with Disabilities
7:00 AM – 8:30 Registration in Ragsdale Hall and breakfast in the Cafeteria
8:30 AM to 5 PM: IAAP will offer onsite certification exams. Details of schedule and process.
6:30 PM reception at the the Austin Marriott South or online in our Zoom Events conference platform. Peter Slatin officially kicks off AccessU with a keynote The Future History of Accessibility available online as well. Drinks and hors d'oeuvres reception to follow.
Bonus – Early Badge pickup at the event
May 10-12 General Conference
AccessU general conference features three days of in-depth learning from accessibility experts with hands-on practice and peer discussion. Sessions are categorized under the following learning tracks:
- Design & User Experience
- Documents & Templates
- Interactive & Emerging Technologies
- Organizational Practices & Strategic Planning
- Policy & Advocacy
Wednesday May 10th: Giselle Mota, Live Sessions and WAI Listens to You
- 7:00 to 8:00 AM – Breakfast in Ragsdale cafeteria
- 8:00 to 9:00 AM – Giselle Mota keynote talk Intentional Inclusion in Jones Auditorium (food is not permitted)
- 9:00 to 12:15 – classes in Trustee (see the schedule for detail)
- 12:30: Lunch in Mabee Ballroom
- 1:00 to 2:00 PM – Plenary session WAI Listens to You in Mabee Ballroom
- 2:15 to 5:30 PM – Sessions and WAI demos in Trustee Hall
Afternoon visit from the ice cream truck!
- 6:00 PM Knowbility hosts tours and a reception at the Umlauf Sculpture Garden. Snacks, drinks, tours, karaoke on the patio, and more. Shuttle service to and from the hotel.
- 6:00 PM Alternative evening event for remote participants.
Thursday May 11th: General Sessions, Kelvin Crosby, Explore Austin
- 7:30 AM – Breakfast in Ragsdale Cafeteria
- 8:30 to 11:45 AM – Classes in Trustee and online
- 12:00 noon – Lunch in Ragsdale Mabee Ballroom
- 1:00 to 2:00 PM - Keynote: Breaking Through Barriers: A Journey to Inventing by Kelvin Crosby
- 2:15 to 5:15 PM – Classes in Trustee Hall
Evening on your own in Austin – all are invited to join an Accessibility MeetUp with the local Austin community at Easy Tiger. Try a little axe throwing after the meetup with or check out this list of Accessible Things to Do in Austin
Friday May 12th: Sessions, Roundtables, Powerful Closing Keynote
- 7:30 AM – Breakfast in Ragsdale Mabee Ballroom
- 8:00 AM – Plenary Session by Chris Law to introduce Standard Accessibility Reporting SAR
- 9:15 to 10:45 AM Classes in Trustee
- 11:00 AM Round Table Discussions Mabee Ballroom
- Noon – Lunch in Mabee Ballroom
- 1:15 to 2:45 PM – Closing Keynote The Role of AI in Disability Inclusion Kelsey Ruger and Jutta Treviranus.
Shuttle Service back to Hotel and thanks for another great year!
For More Information
Plenary and Keynote sessions are freely open to the public via Zoom. Use the links below for more information about John Slatin AccessU.
- Conference Activities - information about social events and conference activities
- Attendee Guide - what to expect and how to get ready for AccessU
- Accommodations Guide - learn about the accommodations we provide to make AccessU an accessible experience for all attendees
- Full Class Schedule - view all the available classes for AccessU 2023 here
- FAQ's - if you have any more questions, please refer to this short guide!