Thanks for bringing your expertise to the 20th Annual John Slatin AccessU accessibility training conference. Use these tips to connect to supporting resources.
AccessU Readiness Checklist for Instructors
Here is quick checklist to be sure you are prepared for your class at AccessU whether in person at St. Edward's University or remote.
Register for John Slatin AccessU 2023. No charge for your ticket of course but you must be registered – in person or remote. You will not be able to participate without a valid registration. Choose the "Instructor" ticket for the discount to work correctly. Do not share your registration link; it was sent via email and it contains a single-user unique discount code for you only.
Your Class Listing
Check your class listing on the AccessU Full Schedule page - description, presenter(s) bio, date and time, whether virtual or onsite, etc. and let us know if anything is shown incorrectly.
Access Zoom Events
Zoom Events is the conference platform. ALL instructors - on site or remote - will use it to teach their classes. Remember that half of our attendees are connecting from remote locations.
Onsite instructors will present from their personal laptops and be supported by tech support in the room.
Remote instructors are strongly urged to check in with the tech producers during:
Drop-in virtual tech checks: pland will hold tech checks on May 2nd from 12:00 - 2:00 PM and May 3rd from 3:00 - 5:00 PM (Central Time).
Presenters will receive an email from Zoom Events saying you have been registered for an event, along with an Agree and Join button. This is your ticket to the online platform where both the tech check and event will be held. For the drop-in sessions, please click the link, enter your zoom login information, enter the same email we have on file, and proceed to join the Live session called "Tech Check Drop-In."
- Log into events.zoom.us with the Zoom login details you have been provided. (Don't have your log-in info? Use the Help channel in Slack or write us at Accessu@knowbility.org and we'll re-send)
- Activate the Join button on the "John Slatin AccessU 2023" event screen. (Trouble? Onsite - verify your Zoom account details with the Room Moderator. Remote - email email@example.com)
- The Join button takes you into the Lobby. Find your session.
- A Start or Join button will be presented. Activate it to be taken into a normal Zoom meeting.
- Share your screen to show your slides (if you have them) In person instructors should mute your laptop audio and microphone on Zoom.
AccessU 2023 Slack Workspace
Join the AccessU 2023 Slack workspace. This will be used for last-minute information throughout the conference. We will add you to a private #team-instructors channel shortly after you register. If you are not added to the Instructors channel, direct message Mark Boyden inside the AccessU workspace. The invite link was sent to you in an update email; if you cannot find it, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for supporting John Slatin AccessU in 2023, our 20th year! This unique community of learning and sharing could not happen without you.