Knowbility commits to a Code of Conduct and asks that all staff, volunteers, event attendees and participants of any type make the same commitment. We are dedicated to providing a safe work and event environment for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choice. We will not tolerate harassment, intimidation, or bullying in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not an appropriate part of the workplace, including events, workshops, social media, email, texts, phone, and other online media. Organizers will warn or expel without a refund any participant(s) who violate these rules - at the sole discretion of Knowbility.
Code of Conduct
Harassment includes, but is not limited to, offensive verbal comments and physical actions related to:
- gender, gender identity, and expression
- sexual orientation
- physical appearance, body size
- race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof)
- technology choices
- sexual images in public (or private) spaces
- deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, (on- or off-line)
- harassing photography or recording
- sustained disruption of talks or other events
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome attention, sexual or otherwise.
Those asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a person engages in harassing behavior, Knowbility may take any action we deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from Knowbility events and programs - with no refunds.
If you are being intimidated, bullied, or harassed, notice that someone else is being targeted, or have any other concerns, please contact Knowbility through firstname.lastname@example.org or any member of our staff immediately.
Report a Code of Conduct Issue
Knowbility and its staff are committed to creating a safe, hospitable and productive environment for everyone. To that end, all participants and anyone involved with Knowbility programs, events, and services must follow our Code of Conduct, including at all live events and in related online communities and social media.
To report a Code of Conduct violation, you have several options:
- Contact any Knowbility staff member via email, phone or Slack (if available)
- Call the Knowbility office at 512-527-3138 (x104)
- Email our Executive Director, Sharron Rush at email@example.com
- Email the program you are involved with:
- Fill out the form below (your name and contact information are not required, making the form anonymous. All required fields are indicated.)