An all-new, full-day online training about Accessibility and WordPress! Bring our very own Technology Director to your desktop or conference room on August 7th from 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM (CT).
August 7, 2019 · 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM CT
Adding accessibility into WordPress sites and products
As an open-source content management system, WordPress is a practical and popular platform to manage your organization’s digital presence or promote your organization’s goals. While it has many accessible features out-of-the-box, a lot can happen in design, development, and content entry that hinder, rather than help, with accessibility.
In this full-day workshop, you will dive into the current state of accessibility in WordPress and get a look at WordPress’ out-of-the-box accessibility features and examine over a dozen of its most common accessibility issues.
Next, you will look at how to tackle WordPress theme management and accessibility plugins to include better accessibility support.
Afterward, we will look at how WordPress handles the creation of accessible content – including how to manage automated and manual testing of our sites.
- Discover common accessibility issues in WordPress sites.
- Learn the basics of WordPress customization – including themes, plugins, and more – for accessibility.
- Understand how to create content in an accessible manner with WordPress.
- Gain knowledge of how to test WordPress sites for accessibility.
- Familiarity with WordPress and PHP
- Working knowledge of digital accessibility
WordPress Accessibility Workshop Schedule · Wednesday,August 7 2019
Start time is at 9:30 AM CT, New York - 10:30 AM, San Francisco - 7:30 AM, London - 3:30 PM
Schedule with times in U.S. Central Time (CT):
- 9:30 AM CT: Morning Session
- 12:00 PM CT: Break
- 1:00 PM CT: Afternoon Session
- 3:30 PM CT: Workshop Ends
Once registered, an order confirmation arrives in your email. A few moments later after you have registered, the person assigned the ticket receives an event details email that includes, among other things:
- A calendar invite to add the event to your calendar
- Shortly before the conference, a unique link to join the event on the day of the conference
Also, as the event draws near, ticket holders will receive email reminders, so they don’t miss a thing!
On the day of the online event, enjoy and learn! Don’t worry if you can’t make it at the scheduled time. In one to two weeks after the event, you will be notified that recordings have been posted so you can review and share with your team.