An all-new online training “Introduction to EPUB — What It is and How to Make It More Accessible!” Bring Senior Digital Accessibility Consultant Lisa Snider to your desktop or conference room on Thursday, November 12, 2020 from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM (CT).
November 12, 2020 · 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM CT
Heard of EPUBs and want to know more about them? Created EPUBs and want to make them more accessible? Join Lisa Snider for a webinar all about EPUBs! Lisa will cover EPUB basics, EPUB standards and EPUB formats. Lisa will also show software related to EPUB accessibility, and provide many concrete tips on how to make them more accessible for people with different disabilities.
- The importance and benefits of accessible EPUB documents.
- How some people access your EPUBs, including a live assistive technology demonstration.
- Understanding the EPUB format, other formats and why EPUB 3 is preferred.
- EPUB checkers and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Practical tips on how to make EPUB documents accessible for people with different disabilities
- Standard: $149
- Academic: $99
- Group Pricing: $119 (Discounted tickets for groups of 5 or more)
Who should attend?
- The presentation is geared to those who have never created an EPUB before and those who have created EPUBs in the past, but want to increase their knowledge of EPUB accessibility. No technical expertise is required, just an interest in the subject.
- It helps if you have been exposed to HTML before, but this is not required.
About the Instructor
EPUB Introduction Webinar Schedule · Thursday, November 12, 2020
Start time is at 9:30 AM CT, New York - 10:30 AM, San Francisco - 7:30 AM, London - 3:30 PM
- What is an EPUB?
- Cracking Open an EPUB
- Why should you use EPUBs?
- How some people access your EPUBs with live demos.
- EPUB standards
- EPUB checkers and where they can help, and where they can’t help
- Practical tips on making EPUB documents more accessible
- “lunch” break
- More practical tips on making EPUB documents more accessible with exercises.
Once registered, an order confirmation arrives in your email. A few moments later after you have registered, the person assigned the ticket receives an event details email that includes, among other things:
- A calendar invite to add the event to your calendar
- Shortly before the conference, a unique link to join the event on the day of the conference
Also, as the event draws near, ticket holders will receive email reminders, so they don’t miss a thing!
On the day of the online event, enjoy and learn! Don’t worry if you can’t make it at the scheduled time. In one to two weeks after the event, you will be notified that recordings have been posted so you can review and share with your team.