An all-new online training about accessible iOS and Android native apps! Bring mobile accessibility consultant Paul J. Adam to your desktop or conference room on Thursday, January 23, 2020, from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM (CT).
January 23, 2020 · 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM CT
Dive deeper into accessible design, development, and testing of native iOS and Android apps
Testing native mobile apps is very different than testing mobile HTML web sites or progressive web apps.
In this workshop, Paul J. Adam explores the native iOS and Android accessibility APIs. He targets Xcode and Android Studio developers, designers, or QA testers focused on native app development.
Paul will demonstrate common native app-accessibility issues and solutions. You will learn how to use accessibility testing and development tools for iOS and Android. This includes Xcode for iPhone/iPad and Android Studio for Android devices.
Paul will review manual testing using iOS’ VoiceOver and Android’s TalkBack. He will review issues and considerations for Keyboard Accessibility on mobile apps. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from a mobile accessibility master!
- Comprehend common native app accessibility problems and solutions.
- Understand accessible app development and testing techniques using Apple’s Xcode and Google’s Android Studio IDEs.
- Learn VoiceOver and TalkBack mobile screen reader testing.
Who should attend?
- Mobile Developers
- Mobile Designers
- Mobile QA Testers
- Xcode and/or Android Studio. To take full advantage of the native mobile accessibility workshop attendees should have installed Xcode for iOS development and Android Studio for Android development.
- Working iOS or Android mobile device. Attendees should be able to build and run a blank app in the iOS and/or Android Simulator and on a live physical phone or tablet.
- Registration cost is per screen; invite your team to join you in a conference room so everyone can learn! (Individual links may not be shared.)
- Group & academic rates are available.
- Receive unlimited replays of the training video for one year after the video is posted.
iOS and Android Native App Accessibility Workshop Schedule · Thursday, January 23, 2020
Start time is at 9:30 AM CT, New York - 10:30 AM, San Francisco - 7:30 AM, London - 3:30 PM
Schedule with times in U.S. Central Time (CT):
- 9:30 AM CT: Morning Session
- 11:30 AM CT: Break
- 1:30 PM CT: Workshop Ends
Once registered, an order confirmation arrives in your email. A few moments later after you have registered, the person assigned the ticket receives an event details email that includes, among other things:
- A calendar invite to add the event to your calendar
- Shortly before the conference, a unique link to join the event on the day of the conference
Also, as the event draws near, ticket holders will receive email reminders, so they don’t miss a thing!
On the day of the online event, enjoy and learn! Don’t worry if you can’t make it at the scheduled time. In one to two weeks after the event, you will be notified that recordings have been posted so you can review and share with your team.