Accessibility is only one component of an overall Inclusive Design approach. Learn how to connect the dots between different disciplines of Inclusive Design, including accessibility. Define requirements and safeguards to ensure inclusion for all. Web Accessibility Expert and Knowbility Tech Team Lead Eric Eggert explains the big picture on Thursday, September 3, 2020, from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM (CT).
September 3, 2020 · 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM CT
Demystifying Inclusive Design
Learn how to make Inclusive Design an ongoing concern and integrate it into your daily routines. Find resources and building blocks that guide you through effectively ensuring inclusive design patterns. We look closely at accessibility and where it intersects with other disciplines of Digital Inclusion.
There is no “magic wand” that you can wave to make inclusion happen. It’s about steadily increasing awareness.
The workshop will be interactive and contain stretches of Q&A conversation.
- The importance and benefits of an all-encompassing inclusive design philosophy.
- How people with disabilities can access digital and non-digital spaces and what interactions they expect.
- Understand how working with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.x can lead to best practices results.
- Enable users to use your products in a way that works for them.
- Standard: $149
- Academic: $99
- Group Pricing: $119 (Discounted tickets for groups of 5 or more)
Who should attend?
- Everyone who is interested in building out an inclusive mindset.
- People working within accessibility or adjacent fields who want to understand how their work fits into the overall structure.
- No specific prerequisites.
About the Instructor
Inclusive Design Seminar Schedule · Thursday, September 3, 2020
Start time is at 9:30 AM CT, San Francisco — 7:30 AM, New York — 10:30 AM, London — 3:30 PM, Berlin — 4:30 PM.
- Detailed schedule coming soon.
Once registered, an order confirmation arrives in your email. A few moments later after you have registered, the person assigned the ticket receives an event details email that includes, among other things:
- A calendar invite to add the event to your calendar
- Shortly before the conference, a unique link to join the event on the day of the conference
Also, as the event draws near, ticket holders will receive email reminders, so they don’t miss a thing!
On the day of the online event, enjoy and learn! Don’t worry if you can’t make it at the scheduled time. In one to two weeks after the event, you will be notified that recordings have been posted so you can review and share with your team.