Section 508 Standards from the US Access Board were updated to include the W3C’s WCAG 2.0 Level AA Success Criteria and conformance requirements. In 2018, the W3C published an update – WCAG 2.1. What are the implications of standards evolution for accessibility managers in institutions of all types and sizes? How do we stay current and ensure that the needs of all our stakeholders are met while we conform to legal requirements?
This full day class will take you through the important details of what you need to know about the Revised Section 508 Standards, the revised FAR requirements – and options for addressing new standards of WCAG 2.1 for documents and software.
Learn about resources to help your team learn to develop (and maybe test) to both WCAG 2.1 and Revised Section 508 requirements. Finally, we will look at plans for future iterations of the W3C guidelines for Accessibility.
The target audience of this course is federal, state and local governments seeking to learn how to understand and implement the new requirements of Section 508, at the beginner or intermediate level. Content will also be helpful to any organization that seeks to understand and meet federal requirements and stay current with the changing regulatory environment.
- Provide an understanding the new Revised 508 Standards and FAR
- Provide a quick refresher on the Rehab Act
- Provide an understanding on how to Apply WCAG 2.0 and plan for 2.1 for Documents and Software
- Provide a quick understanding of the WCAG 2.1 Level AA Success Criteria
- Provide understanding on how to use W3C Resources to implement Section 508 requirements related to WCAG 2.0 and 2.1