IBM researcher and accessibility pioneer Jim Thatcher created the first screen reader 35 years ago. Knowbility is celebrating this digital equity milestone with our 2021 accessibility series! Our first three webinars cover all aspects of screen readers, from the user experience to the project lifecycle to coding practices. And in honor of this anniversary, ticket prices are just $35!
Learn How Screen Reader Users Explore the Web
We just wrapped up our first webinar, Screen Readers in the Wild, where screen reader users demonstrated how screen readers like JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver work with websites and apps. If you weren’t able to join us, you can still watch the demos:
- Using JAWS to find a video on YouTube
- Using NVDA to find stock information on Google Search
- Using NVDA to customize an order on See’s Candies’ website
- Using VoiceOver to order from Coffee Bean iPhone app
Register to Learn More About Screen Reader Accessibility
Our next two webinars continue our exploration of screen readers:
- On February 22, Challenging Accessibility Assumptions: Screen Readers will debunk common management assumptions about screen readers, and teach managers how role-based accessibility can lead to more efficient and effective projects.
- On March 22, Implementing Accessible Solutions: Screen Readers will teach coding techniques for building more accessible websites for screen reader users.
Don’t miss this chance to learn what you can do to make websites more accessible for screen reader users! Registration is open now.