Knowbility is seeking an experienced accessibility professional with a strong understanding of web accessibility that thrives in a mission-driven nonprofit space and has skills in evaluating and reporting accessibility issues to help remediate websites for a wide variety of clients and applications.
This position reports to the Director of Accessibility Services and is primarily responsible for conducting accessibility audits and providing guidance to our clients on how to remedy found issues.
The Senior Accessibility Consultant will perform various other duties as they relate to their role. This includes:
- Working directly with clients to work through their accessibility process
- Provide strategic and tactical web accessibility support and technical assistance to Knowbility clients
- Various ways of training and teaching, such as creating and delivering technical workshops and speaking at conferences
- Implement accessibility repairs on client sites as needed
- Contribute to Knowbility’s programs that support its mission of improving global web and digital accessibility
Demonstrable experience is required in these areas:
5+ years’ experience in evaluating digital products for accessibility
Deep understanding of and experience implementing and evaluating to the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1
A strong command of the English language in written and verbal communications
Ability to travel (occasionally based on client need)
Proactive and motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Demonstrated personal work habits of self-initiation and attention to detail
- Experience providing technical trainings, presentations and support
- Assistive technology expertise, particularly with common screen readers
- Web engineering experience, including programming, scripting, networking, multimedia, server administration, etc.
Starting pay range is $58,000–$75,000 annually based on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time permanent professional position. Our excellent benefits package includes:
Health, dental and vision insurance fully paid by the company and beginning immediately upon hire
401K contribution up to 4% of salary
12 paid holidays and 10 paid vacation days annually in Year 1, 15 vacation days in subsequent years
Applicants must be able to legally work in the US and if offered the position must pass a background check.