This class will start with the very basics of document remediation. We will work our way from start to finish to complete a full WCAG compliant document. We will cover: Language Specification/Page Properties, Common Tags, Alt-text, Reading Order, Headings, Hyperlinks, Lists, Tables, and Fillable Forms.
September 17, 2020 · 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM CT
- Learn what is required to make a PDF document accessible.
- Create fillable forms
- What is required to make a table accessible by screen readers.
- Standard: $149
- Academic: $99
- Group Pricing: $119 (Discounted tickets for groups of 5 or more)
Who should attend?
- Anyone who has the desire to learn and practice the skills taught. This workshop should be taken by those who are beginners to those who have some skills but need to be sharpened. This class is great for those who design PDF documents for their companies to those who will work to make them accessible after they were created in Microsoft Word.
- No PDF remediation experience is required before attending this course. Each student needs to have a computer with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC installed to work through each task. We will also use the Color Contrast Analyser from The Paciello Group.
About the Instructor
PDF Document Remediation Workshop Schedule · Thursday, September 17, 2020
Start time is at 9:30 AM CT, New York - 10:30 AM, San Francisco - 7:30 AM, London - 3:30 PM
This workshop starts with the basics and we will work through each area. Each student that plans to attend this workshop should be present from the very beginning because there are tricks of the trade that are taught throughout that will make your job easier to complete other tasks later on.
We will likely cover:
- Language Specification/ Page Properties, Common Tags, Alt-text, Reading Order
- Headings, Hyperlinks, Lists
- Fillable Forms
- Finalizing document
Once registered, an order confirmation arrives in your email. A few moments later after you have registered, the person assigned the ticket receives an event details email that includes, among other things:
- A calendar invite to add the event to your calendar
- Shortly before the conference, a unique link to join the event on the day of the conference
Also, as the event draws near, ticket holders will receive email reminders, so they don’t miss a thing!
On the day of the online event, enjoy and learn! Don’t worry if you can’t make it at the scheduled time. In one to two weeks after the event, you will be notified that recordings have been posted so you can review and share with your team.