Knowbility has a team of document accessibility specialists with eight years’ experience creating and remediating documents to make them accessible.
Our team has worked on thousands of PDF and MS Office docs, complex and simple, and of almost unimaginable variety, making them accessible to users of assistive technology and fully compliant for government agencies, corporations and educational institutions throughout the country. Our document experts are also available to train your staff in accessible document creation and remediation. Below are some links to resources to help you understand document accessibility.
Document Accessibility Resources
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) Resources
- HHS - PDF File 508 Checklist (WCAG 2.0 Refresh)
- HHS - PowerPoint Document 508 Checklist
- HHS - Excel Document 508 Checklist
- HHS - Word Document 508 Checklist
- HHS - HTML 508 Checklist
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Resources
- W3C - PDF Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 and 2.0
- W3C - PDF Techniques for WCAG 2.0