AccessU: Code of Conduct
Knowbility’s AccessU is meant to be a place for the exchange of ideas and skills that encourage equal access. In that spirit, the producers of AccessU commit to the following code of conduct and ask that all attendees, instructors, and volunteers make the same commitment.
Contact us via email, call us at 512-527-3138, or submit a form anonymously below. Our staff will also be available and easy to find at all times during the event.
The Quick Version:
AccessU is dedicated to providing a safe conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We will not tolerate harassment, intimidation, or bullying of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate for conference venues, including talks, workshops, parties, Twitter, and other online media. Organizers will warn or expel without a refund conference participants who violate these rules at the discretion of the conference organizers.
The Less Quick Version:
Harassment includes, but is not limited to, offensive verbal comments and physical actions related to:
- gender, gender identity, and expression,
- sexual orientation,
- physical appearance, body size,
- race, ethnicity, religion,
- technology choices,
- sexual images in public spaces,
- deliberate intimidation, stalking, following,
- harassing photography or recording,
- sustained disruption of talks or other events,
- inappropriate physical contact,
- unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you are being intimidated, bullied, or harassed, notice that someone else is being targeted, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. Conference staff can be identified as they’ll be wearing branded clothing and badges.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
We expect participants to follow these rules at conference and workshop venues and conference-related social events.
Report a Code of Conduct issue
We’re committed to making AccessU a safe and productive environment for everyone. To that end, all participants—attendees, speakers, sponsors, staff, crew, and volunteers—must follow our Code of Conduct during the conference, including at off-site conference-related social events and in related online communities and social media.
To report a Code of Conduct violation, you have several options:
- Contact any Knowbility or AccessU event staff on site.
- Visit the Customer Service desk in the Conference Registration area or Exhibit Hall.
- Call Knowbility office line at 512-527-3138 or Development & Communications Director, Jillian Fortin, at 713-594-1707.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Fill out the form below (your name and contact information are not required, all required fields are indicated).