AccessU Online 2019
AccessU Online is a one-day, virtual training conference on digital accessibility techniques and policies. In 2019, it was held on May 16, 2019, starting at 10 EDT/ 9 CDT. Christopher Schmitt (Knowbility) and Ari Stiles produced and hosted the event.
Six live classes. Zero rush hour traffic.
With flexible content delivery and adaptable applications, the truly Accessible Web is available to everyone all the time, regardless of ability. Spend the day with accessibility experts and find the inspiration and practical knowledge you need to make your web presence truly universal.
Class Materials Download Links
- Mobile Web Accessibility with VoiceOver and TalkBack
taught by: Paul Adam (Pearson)
- Building a Sustainable, Cost-Effective Accessibility Program
taught by: Elle Waters (Level Access)
- The 2019 AccessU Digital Accessibility Legal Update
taught by: Lainey Feingold (Law Office of Lainey Feingold)
- One Million Web Site Home Pages: An In-depth Analysis of the State of Web Accessibility
taught by: Jared Smith (WebAIM)
- Understanding the User Experience Behind the New WCAG 2.1 Requirements
taught by: Shawn Henry (W3C)
- Materials coming soon!
- Developer Q&A
moderated by: Dave Rupert (Paravel)
Why should you attend AccessU virtually?
- Bring the experts live to your desktop!
- Time spent on the road is better spent instead with family, friends or in the office!
- Sessions are developed to dive deeper into the material!
- Ask questions directly to the speakers!
Watch from your computer at work, at home, anywhere with a broadband connection! Don’t miss this chance to bring the experts to your desktop. Includes all-day admission to AccessU Online, plus full access to the recordings afterward.
Meeting Room Registration
Meeting room tickets are a license for companies or groups who want to project AccessU Online in a conference room or auditorium. Includes all-day admission to the AccessU Online, plus full access to the recordings afterward.
Organizations wanting to watch AccessU Online from two or more physical locations need to purchase Meeting Room tickets for each site.
When ordering multiple Meeting Room registrations, please assign the ticket for each Meeting Room to the person responsible for setting up the their online conference viewing party at their respective location.
This ordering process allows Meeting Group ticket holders to receive the unique video link as well as viewing instructions to watch AccessU Online.
Once registered, an order confirmation arrives in your email. A few moments later after you have registered, the person assigned the ticket receives an event details email that includes, among other things:
- A calendar invite to add the event to your calendar
- A unique link to join the event on the day of the conference
Also, as the event draws near, ticket holders will receive email reminders, so they don’t miss a thing!
On the day of the conference, enjoy and learn from 6 great speakers! In one to two weeks after the event, you will be notified that recordings have been posted so you can review and share with your team.
Have any questions?
Feel free to contact us if there’s anything else you’d like to know.