Virtual Reality (VR) and related technologies are emerging as the next big things in digital offerings. In this session, we’ll learn about VR and take a closer look at WebVR and how accessibility can be integrated into these new, exciting digital environments. Bring your smartphone and you can test-drive some pioneering WebVR work that is answering the call of bringing accessibility into VR experiences. At the end of this class, you’ll understand the differences between native VR and WebVR technologies, know more about the work being undertaken by standards organizations like the W3C around WebVR, and have new perspectives on the opportunities around bringing more accessible experiences into these immersive and dynamic online environments.
- What is Virtual Reality (VR) and what is WebVR?
- How is it different than native VR?
- Take a look at and explore the different challenges and opportunities for accessibility within WebVR environments
- Learn about ongoing work for accessible WebVR by individuals and organizations
- And, test out WebVR experiences using attendees’ own smartphones and instructor-supplied VR headsets