Have you heard - there is an update coming to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0? WGAG 2.1 is targeted to be published as a recommendation in mid-2018. Come learn about the new success criteria and how they address mobile accessibility and increase access for people with low vision and those with cognitive impairments. This session will explore how these new success criteria affect your organization and provide tips and examples on how to meet them.
- Understand the goals of WGAG 2.1 and why an update was undertaken
- Provide the estimated timeline for release of WCAG 2.1
- Introduce and explain the new success criteria (SC) coming in WCAG 2.1
- Help participants understand how the new SC will impact organizations
- Provide examples to understand and meet the new SC
- Familiarity with the principles and requirements of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. A basic understanding of HTML will be helpful for some of the demos but is not required