The Section 508 Standards from the US Access Board have been updated to include the W3C’s WCAG 2.0 Level AA Success Criteria and conformance requirements, among other standards incorporated by reference. There are also changes to the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) that will affect implementations.
This full day class will take you, in the morning session, through the important details of what you need to know about the Revised Section 508 Standards, the revised FAR requirements – and specifically, how to apply WCAG 2.0 for documents and software.
The remainder of the day will focus on the requirements of WCAG 2.0 and the resources you need to help your team learn how to develop (and maybe test) to both WCAG 2 and Revised Section 508 requirements. Finally, we will dip our toes into WCAG 2.1 and plans for future iterations of the W3C guidelines for Accessibility.
The target audience of this course is federal, state and local governments seeking to learn how to understand and implement the new requirements of Section 508, at the beginner or intermediate level.
If practicable there will be interactive demo to teach the audience as to how to use W3C Resources to implement Section 508 requirements related to WCAG 2.0.
- Provide an understanding the new Revised 508 Standards and FAR
- Provide a quick refresher on the Rehab Act
- Provide an understanding on how to Apply WCAG 2.0 for Documents and Software
- Provide a quick understanding of the 38 WCAG 2.0 Level AA Success Criteria
- Provide understanding on how to use W3C Resources to implement Section 508 requirements related to WCAG 2.0