AccessU 2018 Accommodations and Events
AccessU 2018 attendee information about accommodations, registration, and AccessU related events is provided to help you schedule and plan your travel and conference-related events while attending AccessU this year.
Join Us on Slack
Sign up to gain access to our AccessU 2018 Slack channel, where you will receive important updates before and during the conference, meet and network with fellow attendees, engage with instructors, get help, and more!
AccessU 2018 conference attendees will be accommodated at the following hotels:
- Omni Austin Southpark (fully booked)
- Wyndham Garden Austin Hotel (rooms still available, book until April 23, 2018)
Due to high demand and record attendance this year, the AccessU block at the Omni hotel has been completely booked. Additional accommodations have been secured at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Austin for $119.00/night.
Reservations must be made by April 23, 2018. To book, please visit: www.wyndhamaustin.com and enter 05116702KN as the group code.
Plan Your Schedule
You are now able to add your sessions to your calendar directly from the AccessU Course Schedule page. Please keep the following in mind:
- Breakfast and lunch are provided each day.
- Be mindful that some classes are 3-hour classes, not the typical 1.5-hour long session.
- Note: If your class is BYOL (bring your own laptop) and, if so, if there is any software you need to download.
- We have a compressed lunch schedule on Tuesday to allow time for our breakfast keynote panel earlier that day, our lunch keynote, and the OpenAIR Awards later that evening.
Driving to AccessU? You need an ePermit.
Please register your vehicle at http://bit.ly/accessupark and reference this parking map to identify where to park. Attendees for this event are authorized to park in the Green (Commuter & Staff), Gold (Faculty) or Yellow (All Permits) lots during the dates and times listed above. Please do not park in the Orange (Reserved) or Red (Residential) lots. Contact email@example.com or (512) 448-8553 if you have any specific questions regarding parking or encounter any issues during your visit.
Shuttle Service Schedule
Three shuttles will be providing service to AccessU attendees staying at the Wyndham and Omni. The schedule is as follows:
Monday, May 14th
Continuous shuttles from 7:00am - 9:00am, 12:00pm - 2:00pm, and 4:30pm - 6:00pm.
Tuesday, May 15th
Continuous shuttles from 6:30 am - 9:00am, 12:30pm - 2:30pm, 5:15pm - 6:15pm.
Wednesday, May 16th
Continuous shuttles from 8:00am - 9:00am, 12:00pm - 2:00pm, and 5:30pm - 6:30pm.
A wheelchair accessible shuttle will run all three days continuously from 7:00am-10:00am, 11:00am-2:00pm, and 3:30pm-6:30pm.
Registration & Events
Monday, May 14, 2018
- ALL DAY - Early Registration/Attendee Packet Pick-up with Registration at Omni and Wyndham. If you are staying at either of these hotels, your name badge and attendee packet will be given to you by the concierge when you check-in. Name tags and attendee packets not picked up on Monday will be available at St. Edwards University on Tuesday morning.
- 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM - Early Registration at St. Edwards University, Trustee Hall (directions)
- 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM - Welcome Happy Hour at Whip-In at 1950 South I-H 35, Austin, Texas, 78704 (directions). Cash bar. Light appetizers provided.
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- 7:30 AM - Registration
- 8:00 AM - Breakfast Keynote Panel (Lainey Feingold, Sharron Rush, Wendy Chisholm)
- 12:00 PM - Keynote Lunch (Liz Jackson)
- 6:30 PM - OpenAIR Awards Ceremony at the Omni Austin Southpark at 4140 Governors Row, Austin, TX 78744 (directions).
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- 7:30 AM - Breakfast
- 12:00 PM - Lunch Demos