One of the simplest ways to make information more accessible is to add alternative text (alt text for short). It’s brief descriptions of images for users who can’t see them. But what to write? This is a deep dive into writing alt text that is usable and useful. You’ll learn how the right words can make images speak clearly.
May 18th, 2017
10:15 am-11:45 am
- How to decide what information to put in the alt text.
- Patterns for common problems.
- What to do when there’s a lot of text in an image.
- When an image doesn’t need alt text at all
- And a few things you should never put in alt text.
Room TH 117