Forms can pose unique usability and accessibility challenges to people, including those using assistive and mobile technologies. This BYOL hands-on session will review current practices and strategies to making form fields usable and accessible using semantic HTML and CSS. We will review how screen-readers and speech recognition technologies interact with online forms. The use and accessibility support of HTML5 forms will also be reviewed.
May 17th, 2017
10:15 am-11:45 am
BYO Laptop Session
Dev / Coding
Understanding of html
- Using semantic html to create accessible forms
- Ways to label a form control – Using <label>, title attribute, aria-, table headers,
- Using form control types for better mobile experience,
- Form usability,
- Grouping form controls,
- Reporting errors to the user,
- Form instructions,
- Form accessibility attributes across platforms and browsers.
Room TH 214