If you need help making your presentations accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities, this course is for you. This class teaches students the basics of preparing, designing, and delivering accessible presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
May 18th, 2017
2:15 pm – 5:30 pm
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint (version 2010 or newer).
- A positive attitude to learning about accessibility!
- Audience considerations to keep in mind when preparing a presentation with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Hands-on exercises using PowerPoint’s built-in features to facilitate accessibility when designing a presentation.
- Do’s and don’ts when using text (font, size, color, etc.) for increased accessibility.
- Strategies for making charts and graphs accessible.
- Methods and tools to test for sufficient color contrast in text and images.
- Tips for delivering a live presentation for increased accessibility.
Room TH 305