Senior Accessibility Specialist
Austin, TX or US-Remote
Knowbility is seeking an experienced accessibility professional with a strong understanding of web accessibility, as well as skills in evaluating and reporting accessibility issues to help remediate websites for a wide variety of clients and applications.
This position reports to the Tech Team Lead and is primarily responsible for conducting accessibility audits and providing guidance to our clients on how to remedy found issues.
The Senior Accessibility Specialist will perform various other duties as they relate to their role. This includes:
- Working directly with clients to work through their accessibility process
- Provide strategic and tactical web accessibility support and technical assistance to Knowbility clients
- Various ways of training and teaching, such as creating and delivering technical workshops and speaking at conferences
- Implement accessibility repairs on client sites as needed
- Contribute to Knowbility’s programs that support its mission of improving global web and digital accessibility
Demonstrable experience is required in these areas.
- 5+ years’ experience in evaluating digital products for accessibility
- Deep understanding of and experience implementing and evaluating to the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1
- A strong command of the English language in written and verbal communications
- Ability to travel (occasionally based on client need)
- Proactive and motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated personal work habits of self-initiation and attention to detail
- Experience providing technical trainings, presentations and support
- Assistive technology expertise, particularly with common screen readers
- Web engineering experience, including programming, scripting, networking, multimedia, server administration, etc.
Starting pay range is $58,000–$72,000 annually and can be negotiated higher based on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time permanent professional position. Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Health, dental and vision insurance fully paid by the company and beginning immediately upon hire
- 401K contribution up to 4% of salary
- 12 paid holidays and 10 paid vacation days annually
Applicants must be able to legally work in the US and if offered the position must pass a background check.